- minimum stay of 4 weeks
- willing to do basic and extra chores which include:
– helping out around the project site
– helping out with sustainability projects
– data collection and analysis
- willing to help with our sea turtle work between JULY and JANUARY:
– participate in night patrols
– go on morning patrols
– take care of the nests in the hatchery
- live in a rustic campsite (bring your own tent or use one of ours!) with a shared bathroom outside
- cook your own breakfast & lunch together with the other project participants (we bring the food!)
- receive a Nica-style dinner
- have 1 night off per week (or 2 nights off per 2 weeks) that you can spend @MEMANTA for free or somewhere else at your own cost
- have enough free time to relax and explore the surroundings
- form a big part of this project in its initial stages
- develop your own projects and / or offer activities to the other project participants and / or undertake your own investigations
- use this as a work experience or internship, as we are happy to provide a reference letter and certificate afterwards!
980 USD for 4 weeks*
35 USD per night and person
*This is a special offer for 2020!!!!
+ accommodation and usage of our facilities
+ food for preparing breakfast and lunch, plus a cooked dinner
+ drinks all day long (water, juice, hot drinks)
+ educational, environmental and fun activities
+ training and support
+ daily contribution to the sea turtle project (we pay for the nests we protect!)
The campsite has NO electricity or running water. But it’s gorgeous anyway, isn’t it?
The Rancho has electricity and the kitchen is fully equipped with a gas stove and a fridge.
1) Sea turtle nesting peaks between August and November, with most nests hatching between October and January.
During the rest of the year we will have plenty of other chores and activities for you!
2) There are 3 camping spaces available at a time (2.50 x 2.50m each). That means we have space for 3 solo travellers or 3 couples!
How to pay:
In order to confirm your booking, we ask for a down payment of 400 USD + 25 USD processing fee via international wire transfer.
The rest of the fee is to be paid in cash on the day of your arrival or deposited into our bank account in advance.
The last bank / ATM is in Chinandega!
We’ll send you all the banking details.
Without the upfront payment, we may not be able to guarantee a space for you.
Please let us know via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), WhatsApp (+505 8241 1212 ) or our contact form if you want to participate!